Friday, September 11, 2009

I've joined the Central Recovery Treatment team

I am extremely pleased to announce that I have begun a new chapter in my professional life with Las Vegas Recovery Center, (LVRC) a subsidiary of Central Recovery, as their Senior Clinical and Family Services Advisor. LVRC is a private, free-standing chemical dependency and chronic pain facility established in 2003. I encourage you to look at their website. The center specializes in providing services for those suffering from chronic pain and abuse/dependence on drugs. It addresses this complex situation with a comprehensive opioid-free rehab program. The team at LVRC is both professional and passionate in their work. All of their programs are individually tailored to the needs of each client.

I’ve also taken a position as Senior Editorial Advisor for Central Recovery Press (CRP). This is a young, progressive publishing house addressing issues of addiction and recovery. As my relationship develops I’ll share more with you as to what this entails for me. As my first contribution, I wrote the foreword for a kid’s book. CRP already has two books for children who have a parent in treatment. Examples of other books would be Recovery A to Z: A Handbook of Twelve-Step Key Terms and Phrases, and one of their most recent, Pain Recovery: How to Find Balance and Reduce Suffering for Chronic Pain that speaks to a substance-free way to live with chronic pain and minimize suffering.

1 comment:

  1. You have dedicated your life with such fidelity of service, you have become a champion in living the good healthy life. LVRC is in good hands with you joining their team.

    ReplyDelete